When and How to Take ItGeneral considerations for when and how to take Tranxene include the following:
- The medication comes in short-acting tablets (Tranxene T-Tabs) and long-acting tablets (Tranxene-SD). It is usually taken one to three times daily, depending on the particular product and the dosage.
- You can take Tranxene with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. You may experience serious problems if you take it at higher dosages or for a longer period of time than your healthcare provider recommends (see Tranxene Addiction).
Dosing InformationThe dose of Tranxene your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Tranxene Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of TranxeneAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Tranxene. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects include but are not limited to:
- Upset stomach.
(Click Tranxene Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.