When and How to Take ItSome general considerations for when and how to take Phenytek include the following:
- Phenytek comes in the form of extended-release capsules. It is usually taken one to three times daily.
- You can take Phenytek with or without food. If Phenytek upsets your stomach, try taking it with food. It is important that you consistently take it in the same way (either with food or without food).
- Do not chew, crush, or open Phenytek capsules, as they are extended-release products.
- Phenytek should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- Do not stop taking this medication without first talking to your healthcare provider.
Dosing Information for PhenytekThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age and weight
- The amount of Phenytek in your blood (measured using a blood test)
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Phenytek Dosage for more information.)