Epilepsy Home > Zonegran
Are There Side Effects?As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Zonegran. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Loss of appetite
- Agitation or irritability
Drug InteractionsZonegran can potentially interact with a few other medicines (see Zonegran Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- A history of kidney stones
- Any blood disorder
- Liver disease, including liver failure, hepatitis, or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zonegran and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Zonegran and Breastfeeding).