Epilepsy Home > Vimpat
Drug InteractionsVimpat can potentially interact with a few other medications (see Vimpat Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Vimpat?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Vimpat if you have:
- A history of suicidal thoughts or behaviors
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Heart failure
- Had a heart attack or other serious heart problems
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, hepatitis, or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure or renal failure
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Vimpat and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Vimpat and Breastfeeding).