Epilepsy Home > Tegretol Side Effects
Rare Tegretol Side Effects
Less common side effects of Tegretol are also possible. Because these side effects are so rare, it can be difficult to tell whether they are actually caused by Tegretol or by factors unrelated to the medication.
Some of these less common side effects include but are not limited to:
- Hair loss (see Tegretol and Hair Loss)
- Sensitivity to the sun
- Changes in skin color
- Body or facial hair growth
- Frequent urination
- Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction or ED
- Coordination problems
- Blurred vision
- Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Double vision
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Dry mouth (see Tegretol and Dry Mouth)
- Leg cramps.
Tegretol has also been reported to interfere with some pregnancy tests.