Epilepsy Home > Sabril
Side Effects of SabrilJust like any medicine, Sabril may cause side effects. However, the risk for very serious side effects, including permanent vision loss, is quite high with this medication. This is why Sabril is generally used as a "last resort."
- Permanent vision loss
- Involuntary eye movements
- Shakiness (tremors).
Drug InteractionsSabril may react with a few other medications (see Sabril Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Sabril if you have:
- A history of suicidal thoughts or behaviors
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure or renal failure
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Sabril and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Sabril and Breastfeeding).