Epilepsy Home > Gabitril
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Gabitril. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Shakiness (tremor)
Drug Interactions With GabitrilGabitril can potentially interact with a few other medicines (see Gabitril Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you:
- Do not have seizures or epilepsy
- Have liver disease, including liver failure, hepatitis, or cirrhosis
- Have any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Gabitril and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Gabitril and Breastfeeding).