Epilepsy Home > Epitol
- Epitol comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth two to four times daily.
- It can be taken with or without food. If the medicine upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Epitol should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- Do not stop taking Epitol without first discussing it with your healthcare provider (see Carbamazepine Withdrawal).
Dosing Information for EpitolThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age and weight
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Epitol. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.