Epilepsy Home > Dilantin Side Effects
Confusion, muscle coordination problems, and unusual eye movements are some of the most common side effects reported with Dilantin. Side effects that are less common but potentially dangerous can include swollen or tender lymph nodes, high blood sugar, and unexplained bruising or bleeding. If you develop these or any other serious side effects, notify your healthcare provider right away.
- Unusual eye movements
- Muscle coordination problems
- Slurred speech
- Insomnia (see Dilantin and Insomnia)
- Nausea, vomiting, or constipation
- Larger or fuller lips
- Problems with the gums (including swelling, tenderness, and unusual growth)
- Excessive body or facial hair.