Epilepsy Home > Carbatrol Dosage
General Information on Dosing With CarbatrolConsiderations for people taking Carbatrol include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth twice daily.
- Carbatrol can be taken with or without food. If the medication upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Do not crush or chew the capsules, as this could cause too much medication to be released too quickly.
- If necessary, the capsules can be opened and the contents sprinkled over a spoonful of applesauce or other soft food. The food (and medication beads) should immediately be swallowed whole, without chewing.
- Carbatrol should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Carbatrol will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Carbatrol or your Carbatrol dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without discussing it with your healthcare provider (see Carbatrol Withdrawal).