Epilepsy Home > Carbamazepine
Drug InteractionsCarbamazepine can potentially interact with several other medicines (see Carbamazepine Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Carbamazepine?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Anemia or other blood disorders
- Absence seizures (petit mal seizures)
- Acute intermittent porphyria
- Heart disease
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Thyroid problems
- Liver disease, including liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Carbamazepine and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Carbamazepine and Breastfeeding).