What Is Lyrica Used For?
People who wonder what Lyrica® (pregabalin) is used for should know that this prescription medication is approved to treat the following conditions:
- Nerve pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy
- Epilepsy (when used in combination with other seizure medications to treat partial seizures)
- Fibromyalgia pain
- Postherpetic neuralgia (nerve pain that occurs after an outbreak of shingles)
- Nerve pain associated with a spinal cord injury.
On occasion, your healthcare provider may recommend this drug for something other than the conditions discussed here. At this time, off-label Lyrica uses can include the treatment of:
- Moderate pain, such as after a dental procedure.
(Click Lyrica Uses for more information on what Lyrica is used for. This article also describes how the medication works and discusses whether it is safe for use in children.)