Lamictal XR Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects with Lamictal XR, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Worsening of seizures
- Depression, anxiety, or suicidal thoughts
- Any unusual bruising or bleeding, which may be a sign of low blood platelets or anemia
- Signs of liver damage, such as yellow eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Severe muscle pain
- Frequent infections, which may be a sign of low white blood cells
- Signs of a dangerous allergic reaction, including:
- Hives or any rash
- Swollen lymph nodes (swollen "glands")
- Painful sores in or around the mouth or eyes
- Swelling of the lips or tongue.
Lamictal XR (and the short-acting form of this medication, Lamictal®) can cause serious skin rashes and allergic reactions. These rashes can cause large sections of the skin to die and can cause disfigurement or even loss of life (see Lamictal Rash for more information).
Other Possible Lamictal XR Side EffectsOther side effects, for which the exact percentage has not been reported, include (but are not limited to):
- Neutropenia (low levels of certain white blood cells)
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Dry mouth
- Numbness of the mouth
- Feeling "drunk"
- Muscle spasms.