When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind when taking Lamictal XR include the following:
- Lamictal XR comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth just once a day.
- This medication can be taken with or without food.
- The tablets must be swallowed whole; do not cut, crush, or chew them. Do not take any tablets that have been damaged in any way.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Lamictal XR will not work if you stop taking it.
- As with other seizure medications, do not stop taking Lamictal XR without your healthcare provider's approval.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Lamictal XR your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Lamictal XR Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Lamictal XRJust like any medicine, Lamictal XR may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can be treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Some of the most common side effects seen with Lamictal XR include but are not limited to:
- Fatigue or weakness
(Click Lamictal XR Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)