General Keppra Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking Keppra include the following:
- Keppra comes in tablet and oral liquid form, and is taken by mouth twice daily.
- Keppra also comes in an injectable form for people who cannot take Keppra by mouth (such as during hospitalization).
- Keppra can be taken with or without food. If Keppra bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- If you are taking the oral liquid form (Keppra solution), make sure you know exactly how to measure your dose. In general, household spoons are not accurate enough for medication use. Ask your pharmacist about the best way to measure your Keppra dose.
- Keppra should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Keppra or your Keppra dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without discussing it with your healthcare provider (see Keppra Withdrawal).