General Information on Dosing With GabatrilConsiderations for people taking Gabitril include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth one to four times a day.
- Usually, you will start with a low Gabitril dose and slowly increase up to an effective one.
- Gabitril should be taken with food.
- The medication should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Gabitril will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Gabitril or your Gabitril dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without discussing it with your healthcare provider (see Gabitril Withdrawal).