Fycompa Side Effects
Some side effects of Fycompa are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider right away. These include but are not limited to:
- Thoughts about suicide or harming yourself or attempts to harm yourself or others (see Seizure Medications and Suicide)
- Depression that is new or worse
- Anxiety that is new or worse
- Agitation, anger, or irritability
- Aggressive, hostile, or violent behaviors
- Any unusual changes in your mood, thoughts, personality, or behavior
- Feeling suspicious of others, believing things that are not real, or feeling that others are out to get you
- Difficulty sleeping
- Extreme happiness or excessive talkativeness
- Severe drowsiness or fatigue
- Problems with muscle coordination, balance, or walking
- Severe or persistent dizziness or lightheadedness
- Excessive weight gain
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Itching, flaking, or peeling of the skin
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the face, lips, or throat
- Difficulty swallowing or breathing.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any adverse reactions while using the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a Fycompa side effects, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.