Fycompa Alternatives

Diet, surgery, and other anti-seizure medications are some of the alternatives available if Fycompa is not adequately controlling your seizures or is causing bothersome side effects. Although this drug is an effective anti-seizure treatment for some people, it is not suitable for everyone. Some of the other anti-seizure medications that may be used in place of Fycompa include Depakote, Phenytek, and Trileptal.

Are There Alternatives to Fycompa?

Fycompa™ (perampanel) is a prescription medication used to treat partial-onset seizures in people with epilepsy. It belongs to a group of medicines known as anti-epileptic drugs, or simply anti-seizure medications.
Epilepsy (also called seizure disorder) is a brain disorder associated with recurring seizures. There are many different types of seizures, which can generally be divided into one of two categories: partial seizures and generalized seizure. Partial seizures (also called focal seizures) occur in one area of the brain. Generalized seizures, on the other hand, affect the entire brain.
In some cases, a partial seizure can spread to other areas of the brain and become a generalized seizure. This is known as secondary generalization. Fycompa is approved to treat partial seizures with or without secondary generalization.
While this drug is a very effective seizure medication, it may not be the best choice for everyone with epilepsy. Some people may develop particularly bothersome Fycompa side effects that prevent them from continuing treatment. Also, in some situations, the medicine may not adequately control seizures. Fortunately, there are several alternative treatments to Fycompa, such as:
Know the Signs - Concussion Safety

Fycompa Drug Information

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2020 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.