Epitol Dosage for Trigeminal NeuralgiaThe recommended starting dose for trigeminal neuralgia treatment is Epitol 100 mg twice daily. Your healthcare provider may slowly increase your Epitol dose as necessary in order to control your symptoms.
- Epitol comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth two to four times daily.
- Epitol can be taken with or without food. If Epitol upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Epitol should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Epitol will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Epitol dosing in general, talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without discussing it with your healthcare provider (see Carbamazepine Withdrawal).