Lamictal Drug Information
Lamictal® (lamotrigine) is a medicine approved for treating bipolar disorder and epileptic seizures. It comes in tablet form and is available by prescription only. Before you start taking Lamictal, information for the medication should be discussed with your healthcare provider to help minimize risks during the treatment process.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Heart disease or any heart problems
- A blood disorder
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Lamictal. If side effects do occur, they are generally minor. Serious side effects are less common. Common side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination problems
- Double vision or blurred vision
- Nausea or vomiting.
(Click Lamictal for more information, including details on the drug's effects, strengths, dosing guidelines, and warnings.)