Depakote ER Dosage
Depakote ER Dosing for Migraines
For migraine prevention, the recommended starting dose of Depakote ER is 500 mg once daily. Your healthcare provider will probably increase your dose to 1000 mg if needed.
Some considerations for people taking Depakote ER include:
- Depakote ER comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth once daily.
- Depakote ER can be taken with or without food. If the drug upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Do not crush, break, or chew Depakote ER tablets, as they are extended-release tablets.
- Depakote ER should be taken at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Depakote ER will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Depakote ER dosing in general, talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without discussing with your healthcare provider (see Depakote Withdrawal).