What If I Take an Overdose?People who take too much carbamazepine may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Irregular breathing or difficulty breathing
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension) or high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Loss of consciousness
- Twitching or shakiness
- Unusual body movements or postures
- Coordination problems
- Nausea or vomiting.
If you happen to take an overdose, seek immediate medical attention (see Carbamazepine Overdose).
How Should Carbamazepine Be Stored?Carbamazepine should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat, in an airtight container. Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children.
What Should I Do If I Miss a Dose?If you do not take your carbamazepine as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose. Make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you miss any doses, especially if your carbamazepine blood levels are being monitored.
- Carbatrol extended-release capsules
- Epitol tablets
- Equetro extended-release capsules
- Tegretol chewable tablets
- Tegretol immediate-release tablets
- Tegretol XR extended-release tablets
- Tegretol® Suspension.